Join a Winning Team
Business Development Representative
IntelliBoard is on a mission to improve learning outcomes through data. Our goal is to empower data-driven organizations to simplify processes, solve problems, and promote action informed by what your data is telling you.
As a VC-backed SaaS company in EdTech, IntelliBoard provides the most comprehensive Learning Analytics platform on the market today; Power that combines data from a wide variety of sources: the Learning Management System (LMS), Student Information System (SIS), HRIS, and other individual tools, or even spreadsheets.
IntelliBoard is comprised of data-loving, education-focused, and care-centric folks brilliant in the skills they bring to you. We dream BIG and share the same vision, but each provides a unique perspective. We strive to provide a well-rounded approach to all that we do. And we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and maintaining potential business opportunities. You will act as a lead for prospecting businesses to gain clients. You must be skilled in the company product and service in order to effectively communicate their purpose and value to prospects. Success in this role will be measured by quick response times for client requests, RSM support, updating CRM, staying ahead of CRM tasks, handling rejection, and an ability to function in a culture of assertiveness.
- Use the IntelliBoard CRM (Salesforce) to cultivate and maintain prospects and clients.
- Remain up to date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Exceed monthly goals- strong work ethic and tenacity are key!
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively to complete your daily goals. This is a remote position requiring disciplined effort and commitment to the task.
- Help to expedite and manage prospect/client needs to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Ensure communication is professional and consistent with company standards.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Support needs of RSM’Regional Sales Managers as needed.
- Drive sales growth and pipeline by setting up qualified meetings for Regional Sales Managers.
- Support prospect, client, and RSM requests to ensure a positive experience for all.
- Mine for contacts using various web and search tools.
- Update CRM as needed.
- Manage promotional emails such as webinar announcements, etc.
- Lead, nurture, and set up qualified demos which ultimately convert to deals.
- Possess a deep understanding of our product, organization’s market, audience, and product.
- Bring precise communication, documentation, and de-escalation skills.
- Create successful strategies by conducting thorough research into our competitors, leads, prospects, customer base, company history, market and industry
- trends, & product development.
- You have an appetite for learning! You are keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement- you do not take rejection personally.
- You can move quickly among many different software platforms and sources of input.
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and being a team player is important to you.
- You are an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive – show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, ethnicities, education, and learning.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply is not an option.
- Positive attitude.
- Coachable, Accountable, and Motivated!
What You Already Bring to the Table
- Appropriate educational qualifications (BA in Business, English, Communication, Marketing, etc.) and/or 1-3 years of sales experience.
- Detail-oriented; ability to manage projects to completion; follow-up.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated strong work ethic; ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Equal Opportunity Statement
IntelliBoard is committed to diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national, social, or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, military status, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, or any other status protected by law.
IntelliBoard offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, 401k, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart- we look forward to you learning more about us!
Are you ready to join us and make a difference?